Making a Cup of Assam Tea to Perfection: The Must-Try Assam Tea Recipes
If you are a true tea lover, you know a day cannot start with a delicious, steaming cup of tea. Black teas are among the favorites of many tea drinkers around the world, particularly Assam tea. This black tea is loaded with antioxidants and offers multiple nutritional advantages.
A cup of Assam tea is a perfect way to start your morning and give you a boost of energy throughout the day. It is great without milk and offers an outstanding base for those who prefer sweetened black tea combined with milk.
Characteristics of Assam Tea
Assam tea is one of the most popular black teas extracted from camellia sinensis leaves. Since black teas are more oxidized than other teas, Assam tea has an intense flavor with a darker shade. It is known for its rich color, deep aroma, and malty flavor.
Black teas are loaded with antioxidants, which offer a range of health benefits to the drinker. Human bodies produce free radicals naturally, and a buildup can result in multiple health issues. Antioxidants can neutralize the free radicals to boost bodily functions, like enhanced metabolism, improved digestive system, and increased immunity.
Therefore, regularly drinking high-quality Assam tea can boost the antioxidants in your body and protect you from multiple health issues.
Choice of Assam Teas
Masala Chai India's Authentic Spiced Tea
An age-old classic, Masala Chai, literally meaning 'Spiced Tea....View Price
Assam Tea - Tin Can
A celebratory Tea passionately made from selective leaves....View Price
Ginger CTC Black Tea
A perfect blend of robust CTC Tea blended expertly with crushed....
Assam Tea Recipes to Make a Perfect Cup
Assam tea can be enjoyed in multiple ways, from a steaming hot cup to a cold brew. Here are some delicious Assam black tea recipes you must try:
Assam Tea Recipe Without Milk
- Assam tea leaves – 1½ tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Start by boiling water in a kettle. The ideal temperature is 208°F.
- Add the Assam tea to a teapot
- Pour in the hot water
- Cover the pot and let the tea steep for around five minutes
- Strain the leaves and transfer them to a cup
Assam Tea with Milk
- Assam tea leaves – ½ cup
- Honey or sugar – ½ tsp
- Boiled water – 3 cups
- Heated milk – 1 ½ cups
- In a teapot, pour the hot water
- Toss in the tea leaves and leave it for two minutes to steep
- Strain the leaves
- Stir in honey or sugar until completely dissolved
- Add in the heated milk
- Stir well and pour into a cup
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar or honey
Assam Tea Cold Brew
- Assam tea leaves – 1 ½ tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Ice – As needed
- Add the tea leaves to hot water and let it steep for a few minutes
- Cover the pot and refrigerate for a few hours
- You can also add ice cubes if you want the drink immediately
- Serve cold
- Golden Tips Tea